Thank you, Juliet, for nominating me for this award!🙈 I didn’t expect this coming but I’m glad to be a part of the book community. You can find Juliet’s wonderful blog here!
How does it work?
· Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
· Answer the questions prompted by the person who nominated you.
· Nominate new blogs to receive the award and write them new questions.
· List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. To lend your books or not to lend – where do you stand?
This depends on the people I’m lending my books to. If I know I can trust them with my books, I’ll surely let them lend it like I’ve done in the past as well.🌸
2. Which book or author ignited your love of reading?
Roald Dahl ignited my love for reading in school through his books “Matilda” and “The Twits”. As I grew up, I fell in love with Agatha Christie’s books and I knew I had to read all of her works. These two authors knew how to keep me up at night through their power of storytelling.
3. How do you organise your bookshelves?
I organise them according to the genres and authors, so that I know if I want to read any of, say, Elif Shafak’s books, I need to look into my historical fiction shelf. Simple and efficient.😛
4. If you had to choose one book you think everyone should read, what would it be and why?
There are so many crucial books in the world that teach us something and everyone can take away atleast one thing from those books. So, I’d want everyone to read “The Diary of Anne Frank” since it is such an important book. Other than that, I’d also like to recommend “Brida” by Paulo Coelho. I learnt so many things from this one.
5. Is there any genre of book that you absolutely refuse to read?
I just don’t delve into the erotica genre whatsoever. I really don’t have any interest in it.
6. Which book has turned out to be the biggest surprise compared to what you expected it to be?
There hasn’t been any book like that till now.
7. Do you think physical books will ever become obsolete in the digital era?
Absolutely not. Though e-books are travel friendly and generally, of low cost, the love for physical books will always be there for most of the readers.
8. What do you enjoy most about book blogging?
Apart from expressing my views on books and talking about them endlessly, I love the fact that I can discover other readers’ opinions and choice while picking up certain books. Their thoughts and love for certain books want me to explore different authors and books altogether.
9. What’s your favourite book cover of all time?
I really love the covers of the fingerprint editions of classics such as “Gone With The Wind” and facsimile editions of Agatha Christie’s books.
10. If you were only allowed to read one more book EVER which one would it be?
I’d choose any of Roald Dahl’s books or The Diary Of A Wimpy Kid series.
11. If you could choose one author to write a novel about your life who would you pick?
Now here are my questions for the people I tag…..
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. How did your love for reading begin?
3. Which is your favourite genre and why?
4. What is your aim in life right now?
5. Where do you hope to be five or ten years from now?
6. Which author’s books can you pick up without even reading the synopsis?
7. What was that one book that really changed something inside you or had a big impact on you?
Thank you again to Juliet – I had fun writing this! Pop over to my book twitter @Bibliobibuli3 to see who I’ve tagged for the next round of Sunshine Blogger Awards.💛 Anyone who reads this, consider yourself to be nominated please!!! Thank you!🥺💛